Skip to main content

School Admissions Team

The School Admissions Team provides advice and guidance to parents / carers about applying for school places when children are due to start primary. junior and secondary school.  If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan you will need to discuss the transfer with staff within the SEN Unit as the Plan will need to be reviewed but you must still apply for a school place through this process.

Criteria for access
In order to apply for a school place to start primary, junior and secondary school, you will need to apply through your 'home' Council no matter where the school is located e.g. if you live in Sunderland but the school is in Durham you would need to apply through Sunderland City Council.

All applications for school places must now be submitted online.  For more information, or to submit an application go to our Family Portal.  

Who to contact

Main contact: 0191 520 5553

Where to go

City Hall
Plater Way

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
5-10 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
SEN Provision Type
Sunderland City Council and Together for Children Sunderland do not recommend or endorse any providers or services listed. Please read our full Disclaimer here.
Back to top