What are Activity Monitoring products?
These can be sensors, door contacts, smart plugs and moisture sensors that produce information when they are being used.
Why are they useful?
The information they collect can be used to identify changes in usual daily routines that could indicate oncoming health issues such as dehydration, Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), lack of sleep, distress and send alerts to your chosen support network.
What are Care Alarm products?
These are usually pendants which are worn around the neck or on the wrist and a base unit that is connected to an Alarm Centre via your telephone connection.
Why are they useful?
They support independence and safety in your home and can also be used to monitor risks such as fire, smoke, gas, and floods as well as provide medication reminders and monitor falls.
Activity Monitoring and Care Alarm products below
Just Checking is made up of battery powered motion and door sensors that record your activity and send information to the Just Checking online portal.
Eight different alerts are available with text/email notifications, e.g. movement, visitor late, property exit, and door left open.
Installation is easy as the technology does not require phone line access or an internet connection. There are instructions with the kit and a telephone helpline.
After installation, the system can be left to work on its own as there is nothing to wear or interact with.
- 8 different alerts are available with text/email notifications, e.g. movement, visitor late, property exit, and door left open
- Installation is easy as the technology does not require phone line access or an internet connection
- There are instructions with the kit and a telephone helpline
- After installation, the system can be left to work on its own as there is nothing to wear or interact with
- No phone line or broadband required, uses mobile internet
Mobile broadband works by connecting to a wireless mobile network using a SIM card. Some devices have a SIM card built in and their own internet capabilities. Therefore devices that have mobile internet do not require fixed line broadband. Please view the Broadband Choices website for more information.
- Rules/alerts can be created
- Automatic battery replacement is covered by subscription
- No restriction on data access and data uploaded online every 5 minutes
- Tailored reports can be generated
For information on prices, please visit the Just Checking website
Just Checking product video
Just Checking tutorial video
Just Checking customer experience video
Just Checking written guide
1. Just Checking - resources
If you would like to hear what other people think about this product, you can find out more on the Just Checking website.
There are many products in the Oysta Technology range, please click on the links below for further details and features;
- Pearl II: Oysta Pearl II (oystatechnology.co.uk)
- Pearl+ : Oysta Pearl, the original and popular Pearl solution
- Oysta Lite: The Oysta Lite is the latest in telecare technology
- Oysta on Hand: Oysta on Hand, the latest in mobile telecare safety
For information on prices, please visit the Oysta Technology website.
Oysta Technology Product Video
Oysta Technology Customer Experience Video
Telecare is a range of equipment that is installed in your home and linked to an alarm system which when activated, sends an alarm to an Alarm Receiving Centre.
Employees in the Alarm Receiving Centre will respond to your alarm call and Telecare wardens will be sent out to you if needed.
- Variety of Telecare equipment linked to highly trained social and health care workers who can respond in an emergency
- An overnight care service, supporting vulnerable people with complex needs to live at home through the provision of planned and emergency support, with the aim of preventing unnecessary admission into care
- Technical advice and support about the equipment
- Security and reassurance
- Help in remaining independent and living safely at home
- Peace of mind
- Overnight planned home care service
For information on prices, please visit the Sunderland Telecare website
Sunderland Telecare product video
If you would like to hear what other people think about this product, you can find out more on the Telecare Choice website.