SNCBC has delivered services in Sunderland since 1987, offering a range of community based services for local families and residents including Employability and Training, Community Development, Environmental Programmes, Volunteering, Heritage, Pre School Nurseries and Children and Youth Provision.
Our Employability and Training Programmes are delivered from our network of ‘Community Opportunity’ offices across Sunderland and are funded by a variety of external Funders including European Social Fund, Big Lottery, Education and Skills Funding Agency and Sunderland City Council. We offer individual, personalised Information, Advice and Guidance ( IAG ) support to help local residents who are out of work, to access skills training and job opportunities, aiming to help them return to work.
We can offer support to :-
• Set up and use the 'Find a Job ' Service to look for jobs
• Create and update your CV
• Use computers and learn IT and Digital Skills
• Give Careers Advice and consider employment options
• Access local training courses to help you improve your work related skills
• Identify suitable volunteering opportunities available locally
• Look for employment or other services online
• Submit on line applications for jobs and prepare for interviews
• Claim Universal Credit or other benefits you could be eligible for
To make appointments at one of our Local Centres, please contact Megan or Pauline on 0191 5373231.
Our Centres are open Monday to Friday from 9am -1.00pm and 1.30am- 4.00pm, located in the following community venues:
19 Chiswick Square
Thorney Close Action and Enterprise Centre
120 Thorndale Road
8-9 Westbourne Terrace
Houghton le Spring
Tyne & Wear
Albany Village Centre
26 Albany Village