Skip to main content

Residential Training for Disabled Adults (DWP)

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) funds a number of courses through nine residential colleges throughout England to help unemployed disabled adults obtain a job or become self employed.

This takes place in accessible college buildings and covers areas such as administration, catering, retail, horticulture, leisure etc.

The nearest college is Finchale College.

Criteria for access
Eligibility criteria apply for residential training.  Applicants must be UK residents with a disability, aged 18 or over and unemployed.

Further information and applications are available by contacting a Disability Employment Adviser at Jobcentre Plus.

Specialist services
Residential Training for Adults is a specialist service.

Who to contact


Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
18-25 (Young Adults)
SEN Provision Type
Sunderland City Council and Together for Children Sunderland do not recommend or endorse any providers or services listed. Please read our full Disclaimer here.
Back to top