Skip to main content

Travel and transport

Young girl on a bike

Children or young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities often live some distance away from their education setting and may need help to be able to travel there.  If you (a young person) or your child has a Statement of SEN (Special Educational Needs) or an Education, Health and Care Plan , or have a medical condition that affects mobility then they may be eligible for help with transport.

Information in this section will help you to find out what support may be available to you (young person) or your child.  Information is also included for services offered and operated by local travel companies.

Sunderland's Home to School Transport Policy and Post 16 Transport Policy 2016-17 can be downloaded using the links on this page.

Together for Children and Sunderland City Council cannot recommend or endorse any providers or services listed.  Please read our full disclaimer here

  • Click the link on the right to view all services in this category.   
  • You can narrow your results by using the filters on the right hand side of the results screen. 
  • You can also add results to a shortlist in order to tailor them to your child and family's needs.

We have provided some advice and guidance articles below which may help you: See Related Advice & Guidance.

Back to top