Skip to main content

Things to do

Child enjoying swimming

There are lots of activities, groups and events that take place across Sunderland and the North East region.  Children and young people with SEN/D (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities) may wish to take part in mainstream or universal activities depending on the level of support they need. 

There are also a number of groups and activities that are designed specifically for children and young people who have additional needs.  These are referred to as targeted or specialist activities.  

We try to include as much accessibility information for each activity, group or event as possible so that you can make an informed choice.  However you should always contact the provider before you go to make sure they can accommodate your or your child's needs.

We are also very aware that we may have missed some activities, groups or events.  We also know that you are the best judge of what works well for you, your child or young person.  If you know of anything that we haven't listed or you have found something of particular benefit please let us know so we can share it with others. 

Together for Children and Sunderland City Council cannot recommend or endorse any providers or services listed.  Please read our full disclaimer here.

  • Click the link on the right to view all services in this category. 
  • You can narrow your results by using the filters on the right hand side of the results screen. 
  • You can also add results to a shortlist in order to tailor them to your child and family's needs.
Back to top